Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2008

[1968] Listening - Stoned Is

listen to the song:


The Listening were a Boston based band, that only released one album and two singles. Michael 
Tschudin, one of the members, also played in another Boston psych act, called "Cynara". They put
out an alternate version of this track on LP two years later, which sounds like a soft Deep Purple
variant had covered it... (on youtube). It's been some years, since I listened to the whole album, but I
remember, that it wasn't as good as I expected it to be after I was flashed immediately by "Stoned is",
which I heared on some obscure garage-psych compilation (was it the "Marijuana Unknowns"?).
However, the vocals are in this certain higher tone hashbury style, which you can here on several
Jefferson Airplane songs as well. The hammond organ and the soft electric guitar play pay tribute to
the title. It's a relaxed but intoxicating experience!


3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

gota love that one

Govindas Dream hat gesagt…

oh yeah :)! thats really true!

well, tell me, do you have email?

greetings, amadeus :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ganz genau, I love that too, und ich wurde gern mehr haben. Wie kann das möglich sein?

JN- france